Friday 12 February 2010

Results.










I gave my questionnaire to 15 people and I calculated the results, and this will help me plan my work. 40% of the survey takers preferred not to have new artists featured, but a larger amount were interested so I will do articles featuring some up and coming artists, but not too many because it’ll bore the 40% that are not interested. 7 out of 15, almost 50% of people I gave this questionnaire to are mostly interested in R&B; I have decided to do a magazine based on this genre of music so that it’ll have a more popular response. Pop is the second favourite option so I’ll include some pop aswell, because quite a few artists can come under all three categories; Pop, R&B and Hip Hop. Almost half like to read in-depth articles so I will be including equally amount of images, short articles and in-depth articles so there's something to suit everyone's needs. I will make the price of my magazine £2.50 because it's in the range that people have chosen. I will include posters in my magazine and maybe a CD but not any stickers, because it seems childish. My results show that most people prefer a monthly magazine so I will release the magazine once a month; this will benefit the company by having more time to ensure the magazine has all the latest news, because if it was weekly, the magazine may run out of things to talk about during that week. The people I asked said they read Vibe, so I will use it as a guideline for my work. They also said that the front cover attracts them to a magazine the most, so I will spend a substantial amount of time planning this cover to make it appealing to the targeted audience.